Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 5, 2007

FREE HUGS




One man looking for some cheer down under has started a worldwide movement—by simply offering free hugs!

Juan Mann's free hug campaign started two years ago when Juan went back to his hometown in Australia to find that his friends and family had moved away. "I was the only person I knew in my own hometown," he says. "So I wanted to get out there and do something that spread a little bit of cheer and cheered me up, and this was the first thing that really came to mind."

The first time he stood in public with his "Free Hugs" sign, Juan says it took an agonizing 15 minutes to receive his first hug. "This one lady came up and gave me a hug and it was really, really worth it," Juan says. From that first hug a campaign was born!

A video on YouTube was released on September 22, 2006, and by December 2006, had gained over eight million views.

FREE HUG'S "A Truly Inspirational Video"



Free Hugs story on Ten News Australia

Add to My Profile | More Videos

ADD JAUN MANN AS A MYSPACE FRIEND

CHECK OUT OVER 800 FREE HUG VIDEO'S FROM AROUND THE WORLD

No comments: